Get Involved to Maximize Your Child’s Success
Parents, Education.com published a great list of tips on how you can maximize your child’s success and advantage in school. Here’s a quick overview:
- Read to your child frequently.
- Know about your child’s academic life, such as teacher names, parent-teacher conferences, and classroom activities.
- Get to know your child’s classmates and encourage them to spend time together outside of school.
- Take part in school council meetings and join the PTA.
- Participate in school activities, such as talent shows, sporting events and academic fairs.
- Don’t limit learning to the classroom. Enjoy educational activities with your child, such as visiting an aquarium.
- Set an example. Show your child that your family values education by taking a class or reading a book.
Not only will your child gain an academic advantage, but your involvement will boost your child’s self-esteem and create lasting family memories.
To read the full article, click here.